A: So the importance of everything that I’m telling you is for you and others to realize that your own best spiritual teacher is available for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year. While it is extremely important to read the writings of spiritual masters such as Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, it does no good until we put their teachings into effect and learn to live them out. It’s all about practicing them. There is actually not that much you need to know to begin a spiritual practice. However, one of the things the ego loves is learning about things, the minutiae, the details. Experiencing things takes the ego out of its identification and weakens the ego. Therefore, it is much happier to read about things rather than practice them. Ideally, you should read the works of the spiritual masters and then practice them. You can practice what it says in the Didache, the Four Noble Truths, and the Noble Eight-Fold Path. That’s the most important thing about spiriuality. So these writings are an effort to get this information out to you and the rest of humanity, so that you can actually practice what has been taught milenna ago.
- Q: What is the Importance of BigMe?
- Q: I Notice I Love Being out in Nature, but Nature Can also be Seen as Frightening or Indifferent. What is the Role of Nature in My Spiritual Journey, and is it Good to Make Spending More Time in Nature a Goal?
- Q: Little Me: I Have a Concern, What Happens When I Run Out of Questions/Things to Ask You?
- Q: What is the Importance of Time?
- Q: What About the Afterlife?
|askbigme on How to know if your spiritual…|
|DougDoesLife on How to know if your spiritual…|
|askbigme on The value of prayer|
|Tai on The value of prayer|